The Athena Propel tilt-in-space mobility chair is designed with both patients and caregivers in mind. This mobility chair is unique from similarly designed positioning chairs due to users being able to propel themselves around as they desire. Its’ pressure redistribution capabilities make patients less prone to pressure injuries and pressure sores. This is possible through the chair’s tilt-in-space feature that permits pressure to be redistributed as needed. The chair is available in multiple widths and height options which gives users a personalized fit. The adjustable sizing of the mobility chair ensures that users experience the maximum comfort possible while sitting in the chair for long periods of time.
Offering excellent benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Propel Chair is ideal for:
- Promoting independence and mild exercise – a safe and stable alternative to an indoor wheelchair
- Fall prevention
- Improved posture, feeding, breathing and overall comfort
- Individuals who are transitioning from independent ambulation to an assistive device while maximizing mobility and independence.
- Individuals requiring Low to Moderate levels of nursing care.
- Patient’s within a facility who have a tendency to wander.